Check it out before you chuck it out!
- We offer a fully insured property clearance service where all items will be removed including carpets and curtains if necessary.
- We will purchase items of value in the property to be cleared or offset the value against the cost of clearing the property; we do not simply remove all contents as rubbish.
- We offer a full free appraisal of the value of goods and chattels in a property carried out BEFORE you dispose of any items.
- We salvage and recycle as much as possible from the property either for charity or recycling or resale, unlike other rubbish clearers who simply remove it and dump it.
- We provide a socially and environmentally responsible service.
- We save not just items of monetary value but also historical value and work closely with local heritage organisations.
- We do not use skips as all items are individually sorted and processed to minimise waste.
- We ensure all items of a personal or sentimental nature are dealt with in a courteous and respectful manner, e.g. photographs, letters, personal documents will be retained for consideration by the family of a deceased individual.
- We clear houses, flats, apartments, sheds, garages and purchase unwanted garden items including troughs, urns, statues etc. The task of clearing a property, especially that of a deceased relative or friend or of an elderly relative
going into full-time care, can, at first sight, appear an overwhelming one. Don't despair, we are professional property clearers with 25 years experience and are more than willing and able to assist you in the task.
Do not make the mistake of hundreds before you and undertake clearing a property before we have checked out the contents first. Every year millions of pounds worth of items are simply thrown out because the owners did not think to get them checked out first.
The Initial Reaction
You open the front door of the house, there is stuff everywhere and most of it looks like junk. It appears nothing has been thrown away since the Occupation. Much of it is dirty or seems to be in poor condition. Often the first thought, when tasked with clearing a property, is Where do I start? The second thought is often to get in a skip or two and clear out the whole lot without seeking the advice or guidance of someone actually in the business of clearing properties. If you have a water leak you call a plumber, you generally wouldn't try and fix it yourself. Even if the contents of the property look like rubbish, some valuable items are likely to be present.
The Dos and Don'ts
Do not go to the yellow pages and call a rubbish clearer, DO CALL US FOR A FREE AND FAIR APPRAISAL. All properties will contain items of value that may be overlooked. Also don't go around the property like a whirlwind, armed with bin liners and rubbish sacks and just pile everything into the bags just to get the job done as quickly as possible. People are often embarrassed that their relative has been living in a less than tidy property and may have let the condition of the premises go into decline. They are ashamed to let someone inspect the contents before they have helpfully cleared all the rubbish, leaving only the items they thought of value present. Generally what they have done is thrown out all the items of interest or value and kept the low-value items to be looked at.
Do not dispose of anything until you have had it thoroughly checked out, do call us and will be able to identify and assess items of value that many may just overlook. It may well be mostly rubbish that can be disregarded. It is much easier to find items of interest and value if everything is left in situ, just exactly as you found it. Millions of pounds worth of valuables are thrown away every year by people who undertake clearing a property without seeking advice first. Don't make this mistake.
Before touching anything, give us a call, we will be only too happy to look around a property for items of value or interest! Even if you have already obtained a valuation of the contents for probate purposes from somebody else indicating little or no value on the contents, it is always worth getting a second opinion. Sometimes a professional probate valuation has not been obtained because the Executor believes that nothing of any value is present. If this is the case it is even more important to get the contents looked at before a clearance is undertaken.
Clearing the property
Once the contents of the property have been assessed and all items of value identified, that is the time to start thinking about undertaking the clearance. We will then either buy the items of value leaving you to dispose of the rest as you wish or we can carry out the full clearance leaving the property completely empty and swept ready for either sale or refurbishment.
Many people make a start on clearing a property but become overwhelmed either by the distress caused by dealing with personal items or by the sheer volume of stuff that requires moving. As professional property clearance experts, we take away all this stress and handle everything involved from start to finish.
When clearing a property, environmental and social responsibilities should also be considered. There are many charities that could benefit from the items that would otherwise be thrown away. The contents of a garage or shed will often include tools that could be sent to Africa or Romania. Clean clothing, furniture, bric-a-brac and so on could be donated to one of many of the charity shops in the Island, often they will even collect the items for free. Simply incinerating items for which a use can be found elsewhere is not environmentally or socially responsible. We ensure all items that can be salvaged are put to good use resulting in hardly anything being thrown away.
SO CALL US TODAY BEFORE YOU START CLEARING - DON'T THROW AWAY THOUSANDS OF POUNDS - CHECK IT OUT BEFORE YOU CHUCK IT OUT!